Saturday, September 11, 2010

Baked Breakfast Frittata



Day 39

Winston Churchill once said, "My wife and I tried to breakfast together, but we had to stop or our marriage would have been wrecked." Obviously, Wins, you weren't having this frittata. A little late for my wise words maybe. I'll say one thing about breakfast: To skip it, is to miss out on one of life's greatest opportunities. As I've mentioned before, your body needs breakfast. So why don't we make something worth enjoying? You can make a frittata a hundred ways, but I like to keep it simple. A few ingredients go a long way and if you're not necessarily bright and cheery in the a.m. (I wouldn't know because I'm a pleasant ray of sunshine myself), you will want something requiring minimal effort. Lucky for you, I've put myself in your grumpy night owl personality shoes and created an easy, but amazing breakfast the whole family will enjoy.

Recipe: Serves 6 to 8

2 tablespoons olive oil

1 medium onion, thinly sliced

1 medium tomato, chopped

6 large eggs

¼ teaspoon salt

Pinch of freshly ground black pepper

1 tablespoon chopped parsley

Directions

1. Heat 9-inch ovenproof skillet over high heat. Add olive oil and turn pan to coat.

2. Lower heat to medium and add onion. Stir occasionally and cook for approximately 5 to 7 minutes, or until onion is soft and golden brown.

3. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs. Stir in salt, pepper, and parsley. Add onions and tomatoes.

4.
Heat oven to 425 degrees. Pour egg mixture into oven safe casserole dish and bake uncovered at 425 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.


Recipe adapted from
Natural Health magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment